Birth Story Part I

This is by far the best story of my life. Ever. Better then any fairytale or dream. I am going to start this from Thursday October 18th. I had my weekly doctors appointment as per usual but this time I had an ultrasound my OB wanted to check my fluids, well they were low. Long story short I needed to have another ultrasound and a non stress test. I sat in the chair for an hour listening to my sweet babies heartbeat and feeling each contraction pretty hard. Nothing to be admitted for but they were strong. I passed the tests and was sent home a happy  sore pissed off camper!

The weekend was great, I hung out with friends hubby and I were able to go out on a date:
instagram caption: Last night out as 2 maybe?
I didn't believe it but it was!
Here is my last picture I took Sunday night so sore and so swollen I had only cleaned my house 70 times that day.
36 weeks 4 days

Fast forward to Monday October 22nd. I woke up around 7 AM to let my puppies out and GUSH. I ran to the toilet, sat down and peed. Had my water just broke? Am I leaking amniotic fluid? Is my baby going to dry up? Where are my contractions? Am I going to die? Should I go to the hospital? I laid in my bed going back and forth on going into L&D or not, finally I figured I better high tail my booty in just to keep my baby safe and keep my peace of mind. Husband was hunting so my best friend met me there to sit with me so I wasn't scared out of my mind. We sat, and sat, and sat. They checked my amniotic fluid and informed me that if my fluid was below a 5 I would be induced. I was nervous I wasn't full term and had no idea to expect. Another doctor came in to recheck my levels, she cleared me for the low fluid but wanted to monitor me for a bit longer. After a few hours of laying helpless on the hospital bed with my ass out of the gown I was informed I had probably just peed my pants, my fluid was low though. By this time hubby was off the mountain and had met me at the hospital he sat there with me we; held hands, and talked, and dreamed about what our little man was going to look like. I was getting excited, they then told me I was fine to go home and wait until my due date and to stay on bedrest unless I had any further complications. I cried, I had never ever cried so hard in my whole entire life. I was so swollen, so tired, and so uncomfortable! My husband just held me and let me cry, I was so done and so ready to meet my baby. The light at the end of the tunnel had faded and I knew I was going to be pregnant forever and my body was going to explode. We drove home and that was the worst darkest saddest drive home of my life I had lost all hope of meeting my baby soon. Somehow I managed to fall asleep, actually I cried myself to sleep. Who am I kidding? The next Tuesday morning I woke up fists clenched in the fetal position not knowing I was about to experience the most beautiful experience of my life. I saw God that day.
Schnelle said...

Thanks for the invite and thanks so much for sharing your story! I'm so happy to hear that all is happy and healthy:)

Post a Comment