Surgery, Recovery, Week of hell!!

All is well in The Barras household!! I am slowly but surely getting back to my normal self! :] THANK GOD!! Here is a few things we have been up to since our last post!!

The first Boise Game!! Woot Woot!! We had a little get together at our house for the Boise game since we ARE huge fans!! Peyton's dad Will and his little brother Alex were able to come down and hang out for the night Ryan had a blast with them! I of course HAD to get Peyton all jacked up on suga so I have him all the oreo cookies his little heart could imagine.... well after that we had this...
Peyton showing off his break dancing moves!! It was HILARIOUS!!! I had no idea that this could come out of this boy! He is usually shy and reserved! Well of course Auntie loved it!! :]
That next day I had to go in for surgery on my poor tonsils!! I was so nervous Thursday I dont think I slept more then 3 hours! I was making myself SO sick to my tummy! Friday morning I woke up bright early hoping a hott shower would calm my nerves.. yeah I was wrong!!
Once we got into the surgical center my horrible thoughts were flying and I was seeing my life flash before my eyes!! As I was signing all the documentation like... please note this surgery may result in death, coma, blah blah. I told Ry just remeber I want to be cremated and PLEASE take good care of my puppies!! LOL Well after that was all finished they took us back to the room where I would get ready for surgery of course my sweet mother came along with us to make sure the doctor had the correct health history on me. As he asked 180943434 questions my mom knew the answers to all of them and some that came to a surprise to me! Well the doctor cleared me for surgery and I kissed my sweet mother goodbye and hugged my hubby like I was never going to see him again!
LOL I went into surgery at 9:45 and was awake and ready to go home by noon! My mom drove me home and made sure I was comfy while hubby ran to the grocery store for everything he thought we might need for the next week. Juice, capri sun, gatorade, go gurt, apple sauce, soup, popsicles up the wall. Well I was feeling pretty good just tired from all the drugs so Friday night I slept most of the night! Saturday I am pretty sure I was still on the anesthesia because oh boy was I ready to go out or what!! LOL My sweetest bestest girlfriend Vannessa brought me some gorgeous flowers and of course popsicles!! Later that night Lisa and her "FIANCE" Garrett came to see me and we took a little trip to Coldstone where I was feeling goooddd!! LOL I told everyone that the surgery was not near as bad as thought it would be! Ba ha ha oh man did I have a LONG road comin or what. Sunday I woke up as if I was hit and ran over a thousand times by a Mack truck!! My meds had worn off and I was in HELL!! I remeber Monday night just moaning and crying in Ryans arms! Poor guy didn't have sleep for a week. I have to shout out to my mom and sister who really pulled out for me and were there every single step of the way! My mom (Nurse Ratchet) was so good she was such a good help and checked on me every half hour to make sure everything was going okay. She babysat me from 7:30-4:00 when Ry would get off work and take over!  I DONT think I would have made it without her! My sister last but not least was a HUGE help and cleaned my kitchen and would lay with me and stay home with me while I was so down and out!  (She would even sneak me pain meds when my mom took them away because I had had enough ;] shh...) Through this surgery and week of hell Ryan and I have realized every single person that is there for us when we need them the most! ;] We cant thank you guys enough for EVERYTHING you did! I dont think I would have such a fast recovery if it wasn't for you your encouragement, support, and sympathy! I love you ALL!!

Post a Comment