gettin' paper

Ello lovelies.
I am updating my iPhone 4 with the new IOS5 softeware (thanks to my brochacho Dean). So I figured while I sit here and babysit my baby (iPhone) I mains well do something productive and bloggity blog. I am not sure if anyone even reads this thing but hey, I do it for fun! Some of you may already know that I work at a car dealership. Yes, full of gross super pushy men just tryin' to get a dolla out of you. It's really not like that, it's more like I have 7 dads, 4 brothers, 1 mom, and 1 lil' sis. We are a BIG family and we even fight like one. ::waves to boss:: I started out as a receptionist about a year ago and worked my little butt off to try and get a higher position. Working in a "mans world" can get really tough sometimes, they forget that you have feelings, that you p.m.s, that you don't like to be cat called every hour of the day it's really a rough life! Wow, I feel like this is scattered everywhere! I was in my receptionist position for about 9 months of the 13 I have been there. Yes, it was like a very loooong 9 month pregnancy. As the receptionist you are the dealership "bitch" (if you will) you do everything and don't really get credit for most of it. I proudly like to say that now I am 2nd in command for the title. Mama's proud that I worked my way up in such a short amount of time, I am now ::drum roll:: Financial Assistant. I feel like this is all kind of running together so, in short this is what I do

  • Break down all of the deals. Once you sign your paperwork the deal is brought to me and I make sure all of the needed paperwork is sent to the financial institution.
  • If we (Not saying "I" because I don't make mistakes [;) miss any paperwork such as drivers license, proof of income, proof of home address then I will call the customer and get it handled.
  • I then cap out the deal and make sure the salesmen and finance manager is paid on the deal.
I also, still do a lot of my receptionist duties that are but not limited too:
  • Making sure the vehicle is reported sold to the manufacturer
  • Doing all of the customer incentives like military, valued owner etc.
  • Backing up receptionist on phones when needed.
All in all I have it pretty good. I call my own hours, my boss is THE DREAM BOSS, I have an extremely flexible schedule AND one of my best friends got my old job as the receptionist. Doesn't get much better then that eh? Oh, & I get a good deal on cars, car parts, paint jobs, window tints etc. My Benzie is pretty much souped up because of that place. Like I work there to just pay money to have my car all trickitty tricked out! Hopefully that gives you a quick brief summary on my what I call "big girl" job. It's very very stressful at times but I can't complain! ((:

My Lexie Lou & I.
Yes, my work bff, mini me, little, sister call her whatever, I am sure she has been called worse!

Post a Comment