Millan

Ya know... this dude


I don't think I have mentioned that he is my idol, hero, & soul mate! I mean c'mon what dog loving lady doesn't want a man that enjoys them just as much as her! Eh? Seriously though here lets get real! My husbands little sister has moved in with us, it has been quite the adjustment for all of us but the one that it is impacting the most is our bordier collie. I am not sure what is going on with her; if its the change in our "pack", the fact that lil' sis took Chewys bedroom, or even the fact that maybe Chewy is feeling just a little left out. I wish I knew.. I wish I could snap my fingers and make her be better. I have been pretty upset about it all day Chewy is a very very obedient pup always has been, shes been easy to train, helped train our Gus and is my protector when R isn't home so what has she been doing as of late?

  • Clingy- just so clingy! She won't let you leave her sight, me especially!
  • In your face, constantly in your face. If her head isn't on your lap then she is jumping on you putting her face in yours.
  • Being a little more aggressive then normal. Nothing major just more fiesty!
I know those may not seem like major things to you all but with how great of a dog Chewy is it is quite out of character! Given, sister hasn't been around dogs growing up so I am trying my hardest to be patient and do what is best for all of us but sometimes it gets very frustrating. For the past 3 years Chewy has been 3rd in the pack now she feels it is unstable. I hate it. I hate that she is out of place, in her own home. Not sure if the rest of R's family sees it the way that I do but I know some of my dog loving bloggy friends will understand me. Give me advice! Feed me all of your knowledge, what can I do? Training? New boundaries set? Re-creating the feel of a pack? I am just not sure. This weeekend I do plan on going and picking up this. Maybe.. it will help.. maybe it won't.

I know I am supposed to be updating with all the fun "exciting" stuff that has been going on, but at this moment Chewy is my #1 priority! Help help help!

"The number one cause of death in dogs today is euthanasia. Why so many dogs gone bad? A dog's temperament is a direct result of the owners ability to understand them and give them what they instinctually need as a canine animal. There are no bad dogs... just uneducated owners."
Ez said...

Hi Sarah, I totally agree with the quote at the bottom of your post! There's no such thing as a bad dog but there are a LOT of bad owners out there.

I'm not sure how to fix your problem except just to show your girl a lot of love but also be firm with her when she's up in your face? Also is your sister in law giving her some attention also? Maybe she needs a little love from the new pack member?

Good luck with her!!

x

Post a Comment