Credit Card Debt & Baby Talk!

Okay okay... I have cracked I am so friggen' baby hungry!! Seriously if I open my mouth about baby stuff one more time hubs may just go bonkers! Let me just give you a little background on how this has all hit me SO hard... Of course my niece and nephew do not help any they are the cutest little things with the biggest hearts that are always open for love it's so touching and I swear my niece and I are going to be best friends when she gets older I just love and cherish that little gal more then anyone knows I think she is the one that has helped bring out my motherly instinct which is such a good thing because I was beginning to wonder if I had one... I mean come on look at this face....




So so precious I love her more then she will ever ever know! GEEZEERS!! I can't freaking believe that I have NOT mentioned our best friends had their baby on January 27th weighing in at 8 pds and 9 oz he is so freaking precious and is a spitting image of his dad! Take a loooky:




Your drooling right? I am! Okay okay.... off of my bragging box now it all started out in Tarjayy... yes that damn store! If it doesn't get my bank account it gets my freaking emotions going I mean really ladies do any of us go to Target and not look through the baby section I DON'T!! So hubs and I were in there a couple nights ago doing some exchanges and bummin' and of course I had to stop in the baby clothes aisle to look at outfits for both of the babies in my life! As we came across the diaper section husband wanted to just look to see what the cost monthly would be.. then we moved to formula.. then we moved to the BIG stuff like cribs, strollers, bassinets... all that good stuff! Now before I go any further I must stop and say that husband has NEVER been the type to bring up baby talk he is not a fan of the thought of having babies nor as he ever approached me with some sort of plan or anything, given we talked about having kids before we got married and we both decided on at least 4 or 5 years from now... BUT since we have had such adoring babies in our lives lately it's hard not to think about it so... he hugged me around the waist and told me "I want you to know I wouldn't mind having babies with you right now" OMG my heart fluttered and I almost dropped to my knees, that was a true weak in the knees from your prince charming moment!! So we got home and talked about it a little more and of course a rain cloud came over me as husband told me that he just doesn't feel financially save with TTC yet! Okay woah woah woah hold up here... you just told me one thing but you really mean another? Way to piss me off Barras! Of course there was a little but of an argument and maybe even a night of going to bed without saying good night to each other... bad I know!!

The next day at work I seemed to be in such a funk and I think R caught onto that too! Luckily my best friend was there to talk me through things and my sister in law gave me a lot of advice! Of course I just don't want to have babies because all of my friends and family are I want to have kids because husband and I are truly ready for them and truly ready to devote the next 20 plus years to them and give them everything that we were so grateful to have! Moving right along with the story sister in law and I were going through this on Friday..





Husband doesn't believe in it but after telling him that we looked at EVERYONE we knows... he started to look and chart ours... now I wasn't getting my hopes up too high but I did get into it a little so here is our plan and please please please give me your thoughts and opinions and things that you wish you would have done or things you would have done differently!

Summer 2011- We are going to get a new roof, sprinkler and sod our backyard, get a new cement patio, patio set, fire pit, all the works.

Fall 2011- We want to do a tiny bit of remodeling to our kitchen, get carpet in our 3 bedrooms, stain and polish our wood floors, Go on a cruise, and save for Christmas and have our first appointment with my OB and discuss our options and get a good solid plan on the baby makin! (;

Spring 2012- I will get off my birth control as advised by my doc and I will start tracking my cycles.. I feel like this is going to be hard for me since I have always been so athletic and haven't ever really had a method of tracking because they are sooo sporadic! We also plan on having husbands truck paid off by mid Summer!

We are going to try and shoot for the Sept, Oct, Nov months of my 23rd year so we may hopefully get a BOY!! I think if we have the truck paid off or at least close we could maybe shoot for the month of July! Maybe that's just wishful thinking!! Please share your thoughts on this with me! If you can't tell I am pretty antsy and excited!!

Oh, & I must share that as of today we are 95% out of our credit card debt!! When we got married we were in about $11,000 in debt... now today we are in $3,000 in just 2 short years we have knocked the debt out of our lives and it's such a refresher! I love the feeling!

I just want to take a moment to thank my wonderful loving and LOGICAL husband for wanting to give me and our future children the whole world and every little detail that comes with it! I know I will never have to go without! I love him so much!!

If your still reading this thanks for sticking around haha and share your comments!! (:

Happy Monday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Jessica said...

I have such bad baby fever right now! Everyone I know is either preg or trying, I'm itching now but know it's not in the cards for us right now. We've not even been married a YEAR.

You are so smart to think this out and plan for your children, congrats on making such a huge dent in your debt! That's awesome! It will make a big difference in the lives of your future children that they are financially secure. :)

Ric and Meagan said...

Ric and I had this same argument about a year ago. He said that he wouldnt mind having a baby. YUP you know it got my hopes all up cause for some reason i just felt ready for one. We were coming up on our two year anniversary and things just felt good. He said he doesn't know if we are ready financially etc. My first thought to him was are you every really financially ready for a baby. The answer is NO. should you be stable Yes. Then I said are you ever really prepared or ready for a baby to come into your life FOREVER! NO! How do you know when your ready right????
well after sitting down and talking we realized we love each other more than anything in the world. We want to be together forever. We have had a lot of fun, gone on a lot of fun vacations. Grown up with each other so much. WHY NOT!
I asked ric if we could go off BC in July. He said no end of summer. I begged him in august He said no.
i talked to my doctor at my last apt 6 months prior and he said after getting off BC it can take time 6 months to a year. sometimes more and some women have no problem at all. Well great!!! IV been on BC for a while. So we talked about it and agreed to go off in september. Hoping to get preg right away so we could have a summer baby. We are now in March. I think that what you have planned sounds awesome. You will never get the time you have right now back. Ric and I did just about everything besides buy a house that we wanted to so that's how we decided we were ready. Not by money or being ready for a baby. Just that we got our time together and cant wait to share it with a little one.
I think your plan sounds great. Do everything you want to do first:)
sorry if i just rambled.

Kristin said...

thats awesome you knocked out so much debt!

Post a Comment