If you can't handle the heat

Get out of the kitchen. ::no pun intended ms. simps.
.:.rawr.:.


I recently read on the Internet that Jessica Simpson "gained too much weight" during her pregnancy. Now, it isn't all coming off and she is wondering how/why it happened? Please read the article for yourself HERE.

Really Jessica? With all of the money you have, you couldn't have hired a pregnancy nutritionist? You couldn't have had someone cook for you more healthy meals then macaroni & cheese with ketchup?
Let me quote "I let myself indulge in everything I wanted because it was the first time I was ever pregnant, and I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to be happy and eat what I wanted" I get that; I really do being 30 weeks, pregnant for the first time, and hungry ALL the time I understand how someone would just want to indulge. For me, I feel differently I knew that once I got pregnant I wasn't going to use it as an excuse to eat everything and anything. I've gotten a lot of slack for not gaining enough weight or not eating all of the food on my plate, I'm healthy, my baby is healthy & and my doctor is happy with my weight gain. I feel as though (and this is just MY opinion) a lot of women get caught up in eating everything and remaining "fat" for years to come it's not a good excuse to me. I still want to be able to identify myself aside from having a child and giving birth. Sure, it's a miracle and I am so very blessed to be able to endure such a thing BUT I am a women I do like to feel sexy and skinny and do want to wear cute clothes and a bikini again. I've always been one to eat healthy of course I indulge in ice cream, movie popcorn, chips and all of the goods but I know when enough is enough. I've trained my body to have the metabolism that it has.
I guess I just don't understand how someone finds out they are pregnant and goes on a ravishing eating binge. I don't starve myself and I enjoy food more then I should. Working full time and preparing for Krew hasn't given me all the time in the world to workout therefore I have to watch what I eat. Of course, I can always make time to exercise and think it's a crucial part of my health but ya know I sacrifice not indulging in unhealthy foods so that I don't have to take that extra time out of my day to exercise. I give and take if you will. I may have some mixed opinions on this topic but to each their own right? I just think you can be healthy and pregnant and be able to kick that baby weight off right after. It's all in what you eat! I'm hoping to look back on this post in Feb close to my goal weight of 107 again I understand my body is never going to be the same but I can sure as shit do everything in my power to be at or close to my goal healthy weight again. I have a family vacation in June & a triathlon in July! Hopefully all of my healthy eating pays off come November! Until next time...


xoxo
Schnelle said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'm trying to fit exercise into my busy schedule too and I watch what I eat but occassionally indulge in sweets if I'm craving them. Here's hoping that I get back down to 112 again too!

ash & diz said...

I agree with you that pregnancy does not equate to a free-for-all binge fest.

However, I feel like the media full-on attacked Jessica Simpson for her weight gain. Who calls a pregnant woman fat? That's just insensitive. She's made a deal with Weight Watchers and she's back to eating healthy and working out with a trainer.

I read earlier today that Kate Hudson worked out 6 hours (6 FREAKIN HOURS) a day to get her pre-baby body back. It's unrealistic to look at celebs who have the ability to work out 6 hours a day, or have personal chefs/nutritionists, nannies, etc and think that it's going to be like that for us (normal) folk. Real life is hard. Losing weight is hard.

Hilary said...

I know that there has been a lot of hatred towards women for calling her out for gaining so much weight. I've never been pregnant, so I can't speak from experience, but I agree with you. I'm all about eating what you want to an EXTENT but at the same time being healthy. The part of me that feels bad for her feels bad for her because I can't imagine how hard it is for her to get all that weight off now! Who wants to worry about that when they should just be able to enjoy their new child when they could've just said no to some of the junk food a few months prior?

Post a Comment