Potty Trained? Or something else...

I am such a proud dog mama tonight! Our little Gussie walked around the block on his leash!! If you remember reading in a few posts back we are taking a trip to St. George for the marathon in about 3 weeks and I have been wanting to take Gussie along but he REFUSES to walk on a leash! Maybe because he is a lil' over weight and doesn't want to get made fun of from the other homedogs in the hood? Well we had his 1 year check up over the weekend and he is a whopping 18 pds!!! So, I decided it's time to get his butt in gear for this big trip coming up he HAS to walk on a leash to be able to come he is too heavy for me to lugg around everywhere! After his vet appointment on Saturday I went out and bought him a harness and a leash... we left the harness on him for a few hours and he was fine with it but then we put on the leash! I heard on the show Dog Whisperer that if you let the dog walk around for a bit with the leash hooked on it will help them get use to it faster NOPE not my Gussie Son. He sat and pouted for 2 whole hours, BUT I took him on a walk around the block tonight and he walked the whole way!! (: I am so so proud of him there were times when I had to to tug him a little but other then that he was a freaking champ! I feel like I just potty trained a kid or something!! I am so excited I can't wait to start taking him on walks like I do Chewy he can join along with us now! I rewarded him with a hot dog and now he is passed out in his bedroom, Check it out.

 I am one proud mama tonight! Look how precious he is! 3 weeks till our Sister Vegas Trip!! Whoo Hoo!!
Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

OMG he is precious!!!

Jessica said...

Success is sweet when it comes to puppy training!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! Is he a puggle?!

Caitrin said...

He is so precious!!!

Kevin Michael said...

Awesome! That is one cute dog, too! Mine is a Beagle-Doxie mix, so he kind of resembles a puggle, just smaller.

LindseyEveryday said...

Hahaha I love him!! What a cutie!!

lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com

Post a Comment