Babies... & that motherly instinct

I am beginning to think that I DO NOT have that "motherly instinct". I mean don't get me wrong I love my hubbs, and dogs and I think I mother them pretty well but when it comes to babies. I am scared shitless! Most women goo goo and gah gah over small babies right? Me on the other hand... I get sweaty palms, an unclear train of thought, and my chest caves in and I cannot breath! For me I think of it as what is so great about having something that poops and pukes on you, cries 24/7, keeps you up all night and can't tell you why they are crying?? I don't think this is a good trait to have! R is so good with little babies, he holds them, rocks them, talks to them, and me when I hold them I stiffen up as if its a plate out of my Nannas REALLY expensive China collection and no matter what the babe will cry when put into my arms!! I don't get it? I need to take like 3 Z bars when I go to see my sweet cute baby niecy! Its horrible!

   I should give myself a little bit of credit though.. when it comes to my 6 year old nephew "Cavvrito" I could sit and play with him for hours upon hours! Bubba my bff's little 2 year old is SO much fun! I love little kids just not babies? What is my deal??? I mean Prince Charming and I are far from having babies of our own BUT I am still scared for when we do! Will I adapt? Will my motherly instinct appear out of nowhere? My mom always tells me that baby can sense that I am uneasy so they end up crying and that I will not be uneasy with my own. I sure hope she is right. (Like she has been all of the 415546548974852 other times in my lifetime). Well until next time...
PROGRAM OVER.
Expat Girl said...

I am hoping motherly instincts kick in with all of us once we have our own child...at least I hope so as I am due a baby in 8 weeks time!

Amanda said...

HAH, I love it! I have had baby fever since I was about 5 years old ((just in the sense of loving babies, and loved my dolls)). But, I def. don't want one yet either-- I am fond of my weekends, sleeping in, and spending money on stuff for my house. :) I think one day, maybe, we will get the "baby itch".. but not now!

OurLittleBlessingS said...

Hi there! Your post kind of cracked me up:D. I've had a few friends in the same boat as you and they've had kids of their own and the maternal instinct kicked in. For a couple, it did take awhile, but they are GREAT moms. Besides, every mama's different, some are very hands on, some aren't-ain't no right or wrong, chica:D
i love your blog by the way!
jess
http://jsmcmaster.blogspot.com

Juliana said...

Sarah-it will all come natural when the time comes..I promise. In the meantime, your blog is absolutely adorable and I am your newest follower!

Annie said...

ha.....it will change when it is time to have your own!! I was never much of a baby person either....but your own will be the sweetest, most perfect, loveable, little peanut in the world.....dont worry!
But I do agree with you...they are more fun when they are a little older and can play/talk/laugh with you :)

Kat said...

Catching up on your blog- I kinda have the same issue too. I love babies, I'm just not the one that wants to swarm them whenever I see them. My husband on the other hand swarms like a bee. I really don't think I've held a baby in front of my husband yet and now I have a weird fear about it...

Post a Comment